CSR at Capisa
Compañía Canaria de Piensos SA, Capisa, is conscious that companies are not isolated but that they are just a further part of Society. All their decisions have an impact on the localities where they carry out their activity and they exercise an important role on the area as generators of employment and economic development.
With this conviction, contributing to the wellbeing of Society is a voluntary act that Capisa takes over and above any legal or administrative obligation.
- Corporate Social Responsibility represents the desire of Capisa to contribute to the development of the community to which we belong, supplying vision, values, human resources and financial resources for a more equitable and sustainable economic, social and environmental development.
- Our challenge is to establish a link between economic growth, social responsibility and sustainable development.
Declaration of Corporate Ethical Values
Capisa aims to generate ethical behaviour which contributes to the value of our business, from the consideration that economic and productive growth is necessarily associated with improvement in the quality of life of people and the impact of our activities extends to all those people, groups and companies affected by those activities or the progress of our organisation.
- On the basis of the recognition of the needs of our society, Capisa makes a commitment to support projects which favour education, employment and a decent life for all people.
- With this objective, our organisation includes in its strategy control of the economic, social and environmental impacts of all our operations.
Support for the community
Our contribution to the wellbeing of the Community is expressed in the promotion of social projects through donations to social organisations.
Capisa has an annual budget aimed at promoting educational projects, access to employment, study grants and support for dependent sectors.
Since 2013, agreements have been reached for stable collaboration with:
- Radio Ecca.
- The Food Bank.
- Fundación Yrichen.
- Fundación Forja.
Collaboration agreements are maintained to facilitate access to professional internships for university students with:
- University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- University Alfonso X El Sabio.
For Capisa, concern for the environment and our effort to contribute to environmental sustainability is not a matter which is treated in an isolated manner by means of activities external to the work of the Company but is a fundamental matter which forms part of our business strategy and which is present in each and every one of the stages of our operations.
In this regard, we are the only factory in the Canary Islands certified with the ISO 14001 of Systems of Environmental Management standard. This certification gives backing to a system of management based on environmental parameters and promotes greater environmental demands on the chain of production.
At Capisa, furthermore, we take upon ourselves a commitment to ongoing improvement which contributes to the efficacy of our environmental management system.